Monday, November 3, 2008

You mean to tell me?

Hubby asked me if I had copied that key he gave me, to which I reminded him that I hadn't been able to do so, because it says on the key "do not copy". Then he told me what the key was for--his security key lockout for work, and I asked him why GM wasn't replacing that key, and he tells me "because it takes forever to get that done".

So you mean to tell me that you're asking me to do something that a huge company like GM has rules and regulations about these things--you want me to do something illegal?

It's not illegal, he tells me. The lock holds the press in the up position, and then he can safely climb around in the press without worry that it will fall on him and crush his little bones to bits--sort of like 'fee feye fow fum' in Jack and the Beanstalk?

Oh! Says I. Imagining him flattened like road kill. I see. Well, if it's GM's lock, then they need to replace the lock.

Well, he was sure that he gave me the lock along with the key, but he hadn't ever given me the lock, and I tell him so this morning. So now, I guess the lock is missing.

I'll return the key to him tonight, as he was on his way out the door.

I finished the third hat in my quest for "hats for my family" project. This hat is like popcorn, says the yarn Harlot, and I have to agree--you get to knitting on this hat, and before you can say "popcorn", the hat is done and on your head! I had some leftover grey from the two hats I made in grey, and decided to give the red hat a little stripe. The only trouble was there was just shy of 4 rows left, but I figure "It's just a hat! Who's gonna care?"

I like how this colorway of Moda Dee "Tweedle Dee" changes color. There aren't a lot of colorways in this yarn, but one skein makes two hats easily. The next hat will be all red, and the next grey one will have a wider red stripe. Use up my scraps, I guess until I can make the last hat. I'll switch to another color and not bother you with pics of the next grey one--but rather just the one with the red stripe, so you can feast your eyes. Next hat will be #4.


I finally caught a nuthatch in the bird feeder. They are very skittish birds. The picture isn't very clear because it's enlarged so much that it's fuzzy, and taken through the window screen so that he couldn't see me as well. As I took this, moments after the flash, he deserted the feeder.

I'm a little surprised about the nuthatches this year--they actually prefer the feeder to the hanging suet. Usually, they will eat the suet until it's gone (something like the way the goldfinches will sit on the finch seed sack until the seed is gone). But these little guys (there are two, but they fight), sit at the feeder, and fly out to the tree, then fly back when there's another nuthatch stealing a bite--just like the hummingbirds did with the hummer leaker.

Yesterday, I heard a blue jay, but since we put up drapery on the windows, I don't see when the birds are at the feeder, so pictures are a rarer thing these days--since if I move the drape--poof! They're gone.

---

There is a radio personality that I like and listen to. His name is Rich Michaels. I listen to his radio show nearly every morning. He's very opinionated (like me), and I think that's why I like him so much. He's married with children and step-children, with a house and a mortgage, and all the other stuff that comes with all that. But he's very "First Amendment" oriented, and doesn't really care what other people have to say about that, but apparently figures that he's above society's rules, and every so often, one of those words that's a no-no on the air leaks out of his mouth, and he ends up with a week's suspension for it. He's also very "pro Rich Michaels", and argues his point every so often.

Well, last week, he leaked another no-no, and the next thing I know, he's off the air again. The issue could be his partner--who doesn't say "Rich, you can't say things like that!" like his last partner did, so these "leaks" happen more often. It's used to be that instead of the word used for man's genitalia, he would say "hmm-hmm" probaby because his partner didn't like the "P" word, and he didn't get booted off the show. The last couple of months, he's used the P word twice. The last time, he ended up with a week's suspension. I missed him. I missed the radio. I'm not really liking his latest partner for my morning commute. So when he came back, I breathed a sigh of relief, then last week, he used the P word again.

I really hope that he didn't do it on purpose. I can see him discussing it with his family...

"I'll work the P word into my day today on the air, and then we can take that 3 day vacation we've been talking about!"

But I miss him when he's gone. When he moved to Ohio, I didn't listen to radio at all. And I'm not sure why I like him so much, other than we seem to have the same opinions on certain things, I'm quite sure we would drive each other nuts. Maybe I just admire his outspoken quality. He can argue any point and still maintain his composure, which is something that I'm not able to do very often.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning at 8:40, so I'm up way early for work, having forgotten the appointment, and I think that I then have a doctor's appointment at 11:15, also. I will have to check my calendar at the office.

No comments: