Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It Snowed Last night

Means I have to get going earlier this morning, which is a good thing, as I've not much to tell you this morning except

My sugar was down to 115 before dinner last night.

I'm ecstatic!

I can't think of a better place to be!

I did carb it up a little last night, though--since I was so good all day, but only because I ate just a little more soup with my toasted cheese sandwich, so I don't expect to be too high. I feel pretty good too--Just.SO.Not.Awake!

Which is bad, because I did want to get in to the office a bit earlier this morning. I got a huge jump on my workload this (short) week, and wanted to get a bit more done, so I stayed very late last (6pm) and will likely do it again tonight, since I have a doctor appointment at 2pm--dentist.

I like my dentist personally, and professionally, he's a pretty good guy, and I suppose he's a decent dentist (not to mention a good guy), but when a doctor hurts me, even for my own good, I still don't like them all that much. For instance, take that foot doctor?

But I get my teeth cleaned today, and I know that it will be uncomfortable, and I hate that. Something inside says "I ain't goin'!" But my adult self says "Oh yes, you are. The insurance pays for it, and you're not going to miss it. A time will come when your insurance won't cover it anymore and you'll be stuck!"

Oh, and hubby says that we might have to move to Missouri for his job. Miserable in Missouri sounds like a good title to me. I mean, is there life (as we know it) in Missouri? When I was young, I used to call it "That state with the little dangly thing at the bottom. What's that all about anyway? I mean--who drew up the map to give a state a small, flacid peter? (Not that I knew about flacid peters when I was young, you understand, lest you get some wild notion that I spent my youth looking at PlayGirl.)

I'm just so not seeing much about Missouri that I might like--especially since I've spent so much time and effort building a support base here in Michigan.

Well, Time will tell what's going to happen in the next year or so. You'll be the first to know about it--after me, that is.

No comments: