Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Repast...

I cooked up a big pot of Chicken Soup last night, and we have been eating it for nearly every meal for a while. I put some different veggies in it, and they cooked down to "rather mushy". Taste is the same, but I like crunch to my veggies. Oh well.

This coming week is Thanksgiving. This means

THREE DAY WORK WEEK!

Which is really quite a bit less than that, because I have two doctor appointments that I know of, maybe more that I don't...even so, I'm going to be in and out of the office again this coming week.

I did however, get quite a lot done last week on Friday, and so I feel like I actually accomplished something. Today, however, is another story entirely. I want to relax--since we did quite a bit of "running around" yesterday--groceries, shoes, visit the in-laws--and today, I'm being asked to help with the trash (which, *HELLO*, I put the dishes away AND refilled the dishwasher), and whenever I set trash together, it always ends up on the floor! When I bend over to retrieve it, my body decides it is time to go--and right NOW. No chance to run for the bathroom. I hate it.

But this morning has been busy, too, and I think I'm being a little on the grumpy side. It's getting close to time to eat again, but I am seriously not hungry. I'm considering testing myself, although it's been 4 hours since I ate, so I'm not going to get a usable reading. Other than being grumpy (which is more likely the result of a husband being pushy and controlling at the moment), I have no other symptoms.

It's a tad cool in the house, so I'm wearing a shirt, sweater AND coat and hat.

Hands are quite warm, thank you, and feet are shod with my new shoes. We will likely head out again for Birdseed and stain for the window--as the plan is to work on the bay window by my computer today.

No rest for the wicked.

At least I hope that we can do the window. It has to be cleaned and re-taped, and then we have to keep the dog and cats off of it--which is going to be a REAL trip.

Maybe it's time for a snack?

No comments: