Sunday, November 30, 2008

Saturday and Sunday

As it turned out, no pictures, and all turned around.

First, I started to head to the gas station where I've been getting gas for $1.43. How surprised was I when I passed the station to find the price set at $1.74?

What the heck is THAT all about, that the price jumps $0.31 overnight?

So, long story short, I didn't get gas there. That's how angry I was about the whole affair.

So I drop in to the office and get my bottles. It took two tall kitchen trash bags, and there was indeed $7.00 worth waiting to come home.

Next stop, Meijer's...but not my REGULAR Meijer's where I know where everything is--oh no. I crawl all over people at a Meijer's I don't even know. In retrospect, I think I made a better choice, because they didn't know me at this Meijer's so they won't come and hunt me down...

Next stop, my LYS, who didn't have my book and didn't have shortie dpns. So I headed for Hobby Lobby to get my crochet cotton. Then I was headed back home again. Once home, I was so hungry, that I made two breakfasts and ate them both. Cereal, eggs and bacon and a slice of toast (well, it was after all, nearly lunch time).

Then I sat down and worked on Jeff's glove. I'm past the thumb now. The rest goes pretty quickly--until I get to the fingers--and since I don't have the shortie dpns, it will take longer than it should. I wonder if my friend, Linda, has any in size 6?

I'm not certain what I'll be up to today--working on Jeff's glove, but not much more, unless we decide to head over to visit his parents again, which was the original plan until we found out that his sister wasn't going to be there most of the day--or maybe it's still the plan because it will be significantly more quiet without all the company--even if it is family, and we love them all to death, somedays quiet is a lovely place to be.

But the husband isn't up yet, so I should get breakfast and get going on his glove--so I can knit as far as possible before he has me jetting off to someplace else where I can't knit at all.

He's like that, you know?

So then, all that said, I'm off to breakfast!

No comments: