Sunday, May 2, 2010

As Luck Would Have It

You know, some days are just blessed more than others.

Take Saturday, for instance.

I think I've got about 2 weeks to figure out a birthday pressie for my DGD. (That's Dear Granddaughter, for the uninitiated.) And inspiration hits!

I'd been thinking about knitting her some little sundress-like "thing" for her birthday in the pinkest pink that I can find.

And as I'm window shopping INSIDE the lys, I found the PERFECT pattern. A little sleeveless dress in pink, right there--hanging on a hanger and begging, taunting me to buy it.

And you know I did--with only 2 weeks to make this long stockinette (miles and miles of stockinette) dress. Along with finding the PERFECT pink sock yarn to make it--with the added comments--hmm..didn't know Cascade made sock yarn.

I wanted to go right home and get started, but first, I demonstrated at JoAnn's, then I ate something, then I came home, and it was simply too hot to knit at all inside, so I stepped out onto our deck, and there was my step-son's girlfriend, outside enjoying the breeze.

Well, we got to chatting, and she tells me that they want to come upstairs later and play cards. OKAY! Do you know how long it's been since we've played cards? It's been a couple years anyway. (Note to self: still trying to get hubby to invite my ex over for Bridge, if he's still married, but hubby says he thinks that ship has sailed.) So the prospect was inviting, and I grabbed it. She and I chatted for a little bit, and then one of their friends showed up, and the three of them drove to town for dinner, and the opportunity finally presents itself for a bit of knitting.

I got 8 rows done before hubby got home, and so I stopped and made supper for him, shortly after, the kids came home, and upstairs to play cards. I think we played for several hours--then they went back downstairs and I went back to knitting. Hubby went to bed, and I sat there knitting. I got 10 more rows done before I had to stop due to drooping eyelids, and turned on the television to watch Saturday Night Live--which was a complete waste of time, and I fell asleep in hubby's chair.

Finally, I got my butt out of his chair and headed for bed.

I'm awake now. I must make coffee, shower, and then eat something, then I can begin anew with knitting. At the same time, I am trying to figure out what smells musty in the house. Since I washed all my socks yesterday, and hung them indoors to dry, that's the likely culprit. They are all still quite damp. I think if the sun comes out at all today, I might hang them outdoors, but I think the "sun" is a lost cause, because it's raining now, and the weatherman says that it's supposed to rain most of the day.

As luck would have it--

So I get to stay indoors all day and knit. I can think of worse things.

No comments: