Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleepy Sunday

Today is a day of REST. I have been going at both ends all week--including Saturday, and today, I plan to sit down, relax and knit.

Well, except for groceries.
And taking in the sample for JoAnn's.
And making food up for the day.
Maybe I'll vacuum..the floors do need it.
And I'd like to get the swing onto the deck--although I won't be able to do that by myself. I figure hubby and I can do it. Maybe.
How did someone word it? Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

Perhaps I'll just drink some coffee.

In the meanwhile, planning stages for the afghan for my hubby's cousin with ALS. Not a lot of planning here to do, except I have all these scraps of yarn from the samples I made for JoAnn's, and I plan to use them up. Instead of making a single color afghan for her, I'm going to make a multi-colored one--which may or may not turn out right, depending on how the yarn behaves in the pattern, but I'm hoping to make a striped afghan. This will keep me from having to buy a couple of skeins of yarn. The pattern only calls for two (it's a baby afghan) 3 oz skeins, and that sounds like a small (read that "itty bitty") blanket--and I'd like something lap-size. What I have left in the 5 colors I purchased for the sample should work out just fine. I think that I'll make the border all one color, which means I have to split one of the colors in half, and carry two balls for the borders, and one for the color of choice inside, and work the pattern as I did for the bunny illusion cloth I did long ago. And since I can't remember how I did it, a bit of trial and error is called for in the re-make.

So there will be some thought into this afghan, which means the making will take a little longer than I'd hoped. But there you go.

I woke up this morning, and tried to go back to sleep, but sleep wouldn't come. I kept having visions--first of a denim jacket hanging on the wire for a traffic light near where I park, and then of a little girl, and then of three little girls, the girl in the center was the same as the first little girl...just strange, disconnected "pictures", not really "dreams".

When I asked the Tarot what they were about, I pulled the 6 of Wands Reversed.

The card is titled "Success", and in it's upright position shows a valiant hero, riding into town having succeeded in...perhaps slaying a dragon? Stoning a giant? But riding in on a white horse, indicating purity of purpose and a grand ticker tape parade (albeit with wands in the air instead of confetti) of folks all around, cheering.

Reversed, however, means a lack of success, even failure. Which could mean that I will fail to get the rest I need, or I will fail to get done everything I plan, or I will fail to make the afghan work--something may get in the way to cause me to be a failure--the horse will break down or the time will not present itself. Since I won't be going to work until tomorrow, I don't see how the visions I was having would tie into this particular card. I checked the National Website for Missing and Exploited Children and the AMW website, neither has a child that resembles the little girl I saw in the vision, and neither refers to a denim jacket...so I am at a loss. I don't know anyone with three little girls. I've checked the local news, and find no reference to any little girl, three little girls or a denim jacket either. The search comes up empty. It could be that the problem is sometime in the future--but at present, I am unsuccessful at finding any link at all.

Which leads me to ask, what good is "seeing the future" if you can't figure out who and when, and, if it's a murder or an abduction, you don't "see" the perpetrator!? In these ways, having access to medium-like tendencies, isn't much helpful AT ALL. The only thing I believe that I do know is that the three visions are linked in some way. The little girl was not white, but not black, either. I think she may have been Indian (as in "from India") or middle eastern, but there is some feeling of American in there, too. The three little girls looked more like "friends" rather than "sisters", because all three were approximately the same age--perhaps triplets? But I didn't get the sense or the "feeling" that sisterhood was involved. I don't know. The denim jacket on the wire for the traffic light had some decals on it--I think one was a Harley Davidson Eagle, but there were others. I'll watch for this indicator--it will tell me the day, I think, that something will show up on the news about this little girl. But the visions didn't say "what" was going to happen, either, although the sense of abduction or death is there, there was no indicator of "who done it". Sometimes, these things are just hidden from me.

I guess that I will just have to wait and see like everyone else.

No comments: