Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Birthday Party

There is really only one thing that can brighten a day beyond measure after a hard week at the office, and that's your grandchild's birthday party. And even though I was completely exhausted from the constant demands on my time and psyche, I went--knowing that I would have a great time.

Everyone came, except for those who live outside Michigan, and we all had a wonderful time. Hubby's kid has a wonderful home--a very close and extended family, and we all get along really well! It was a happy occasion, as well as blessed--

But on with the pictures...that's what you were waiting for, right?

First, the presents...gosh, you'd think this kid wasn't loved at all, would you? But with 4 generations still living, and all of them here, as well as step-relations, well, this girl had quite a haul.


The cake had a Cinderella theme (can't tell, can you?) What a great layout for a cake! Even I loved it! I took several pics of it, just for memory's sake! Fairy grandmother in the foreground with her wand in the air!


We lit the cake, and my grand-daughter sucked in a ton of air and blew out all 4 candles. She knew the drill, and did a GREAT job!


I got other pics of my grand-daughter opening her presents, but this is the one you wanted to see--the dress fit PERFECTLY--as if she'd been right there for a fitting! She even allowed me to put it on her, and she REALLY LIKES IT. She's going to wear it to church on Sunday. I bet it will be the hit of the day!


And after all was said and done, we all went home, but there was one picture that I wanted to share that really blew my mind. I snapped this pic just before my grand-daughter opened presents, and the screen on the camera was all blurry, which irritated me to no end, but when I actually looked at the photo on my computer...well, that was a totally different story. None of the other pics taken were like this, so it was a real shocker. The battery was a little low, and I don't want to make a big deal out of this, but I honestly believe that Grandpa Sutfin visited our party and gave his great-grand-daughter a special treat...check it.

Sorta gives me the wee willies...but there you have the party. And in case you were wondering, this pic was smack in the middle of all the pics I took this evening--family and friends and so on. No other pics came out this way, even though there were several where they were quite blurry, but NOTHING like this.

I asked the Tarot if Poppa Sutfin visited the party, and got the Ace of Swords. Entitled "intellect", and an air card, the sword reaches to the heavens and seems to draw energy from heaven above and earth below to make things "happen" in the here and now.

I'll take that as a yes.

No comments: