Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Printer is Finally Working!

After two more hours of frustration with the guys at Hewlett Packard, I finally got my guru on my machine, and he fixed it in an hour. There was nothing wrong with my machine, however, it was having difficulty recognizing the installer package, which was basically causing my computer to hack up a hairball...

If you know what I mean.

Hewlett Packard's Techie Team finally told me that my USB chipset was corrupted and that the install couldn't go forward until I replaced the drivers that ran it.

No instruction on how to do that, however.

And when I asked Hewlett Packard why the mouse works or why a flash drive (think thumb disk) worked in that usb slot, they told me that it was because a printer is far more complicated than a mouse or a thumb drive--

Well, it sounds plausible, but he was

WRONG!

Frankly, I think it was more likely his break time, and he was just trying to get rid of me.

But I called my guru, and he basically told me that Hewlett Packard doesn't really adequately support their hardware, and other news articles tell me that Hewlett Packard has basically decided that they were going to build software for their hardware that they'd also need to build an OS to support it. I think they were going to call it WINDOWS as opposed to Windows (note the italic "o") so that customers wouldn't get "confused".

But now, all seems right with the world, and tonight, I hope to make it work wirelessly, since now that I've had a successful (well, all things considered, it "works") install, I can proceed to make it wireless quite easily...

I hope.

No comments: