Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Evening

Just full of adventure.
Not.

Hubby and I put 3 laundry baskets full of clothing away-mostly hangup stuff, but some foldables, and organized the bedroom so that we can get the air conditioner in the window and hooked up. I pulled it out of the closet by myself--not too difficult a task, but hubby had to put it in the window, and before we could do that part, all the laundry had to be dispatched--because it was in the way.

We spent an hour clearing before the a/c was finally in the window. It is cooling off now, being about 7pm, but still VERY warm, and I'm looking forward to sleeping in a cooler atmosphere tonight.

There's still a lot of work left to do, but at least we'll be able to sleep tonight.

I pulled some cards on my ex-husband this morning, due to the little girl who spoke my name last night in the bedroom, and the dream about him which was decidedly prophetic, which of course, I won't remember until it happens. I drew cards from my deck at the office, and they spoke to his back troubles, spirituality and fear. I inquired with his sister-in-law as to whether he was still planning to have surgery to try to correct his back, or if he'd had it. All she told me was that she hadn't talked with him since February.

Honestly, the cards are saying he's still having back trouble, and also with finances, and thinks that his world is basically falling apart. Since he has moved a couple times this year, it is apparent that he's having trouble making ends meet. I began to wonder if he's afraid to have the back surgery because he thinks it might kill him--of course, it wouldn't surprise me if he was telling that story to his wife. I expect that he might even think that if he dies, he without doubt will go straight to aych, ee, double toothpick, and that's where the spirituality comes in.

But back surgery is a touchy matter, of course--one slip, and he's in a wheelchair, and of course, there is a good chance that it could leave him in more pain, do absolutely NO Good, or alleviate the pain he currently has. How many coins do you know with four sides?

Back surgery runs the whole spectrum of possibilities, I suppose, but the chance to do better might be worth the risk. Then again, manipulating others around you with guilt and "pity-me" behavior has its perks, if you know what I mean. Maintaining the status quo might be more preferable--even if there is pain in the equation--as long as there is someone else around to wait on him hand and foot, with a "poor baby", that he probably hasn't heard since his mom died.

Anyway, back to the heat...absolutely oppressive, and glad that the A/C is installed, ready to plug in and run. I should sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

Snowcatcher said...

Back surgery is nasty, but if there's a chance to alleviate at least a portion of the pain, I guess it's worth it. Voice of experience. I wish him luck with that, whatever he ends up doing.

The sunflowers you asked about are just outside of Boulder. All the farmers out here rotate the sunflower crops about every five years. My understanding is that sunflowers invigorate the soil and put the nutrients back in. So sunflowers move around from one year to the next. We always have to go looking for them!