Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's Raining

Well, Monday was really similar to last week work-wise, so it was pretty much a horrible day. One woman even accused us of sending out an affidavit TWO WEEKS AGO--when we didn't even know about the problem until ONE week ago (Monday), and didn't start sending affidavits until Wednesday.

Well, I suppose her math was a little off. But she shouldn't have tried to argue with me over the matter. There wasn't anything I could do anyway.When I arrived home, I breathed in deep the smell of home, got supper going, let the dog out and got my knitting "prepped". Then I went back to the kitchen, picked out the rest of supper and then hubby walked in, letting the dog come in, saving me the extra job. He'd also picked up the mail on his way in. Good man.

After we ate, we sat down for movies and television and knitting and crocheting. We watched the last of season 1 of "Chuck", then the season finale of "House", "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory". I worked the second color stripe on the diamond lattice lap afghan and several rows on the wave afghan, and yes, I am working two afghans at once. Thanks for asking.

The Wave afghan is 4 feet long now, and becoming rather heavy and difficult to maneuver. I still have 6 skeins to go--I hope that I didn't buy too much. At the office, on break, I'll add the next color change to the Diamond Lattice, and work as much as I can on it, then bring it home and finish out the stripe. I'm changing color every diamond, and I think it's going to look pretty good. I'm also considering making another perhaps larger one for the house. When I finish the stripe, I will work more on the Wave. The Wave will be a warm addition to our living room.

I found a truly NEAT product for folks with cats or dogs. It's called The Fur Fighter by Scotch (the people who brought you tape and Post-It Notes. The Fur Fighter is a fur removal tool--it even removes ground in fur, and rather than a sticky substance, it has little hooky fabric stuck to the handle--much like velcro--but FAR smaller. This thing REALLY works. It comes with 4 extra fabric "covers" Sadly, once the fabric is full, it is near impossible to remove the fur from it and use it again and again, the velcro holds on to the hair so well. Still, it works really well, and the best product on the market that I've been able to find. I got mine at Walmart. It came with a $2 coupon to buy more of the fabric...which of course is removable from the handle by a sticky substance, which I would wager is from the engineers at the 3M company (also Scotch).

So if you have animals in the house, you really need this products. NAYY.

In other news, I inquired of the Tarot what's happening with my ex--it would appear that he has begun a new job that he's going to be very happy with. I pulled the Ace of Pentacles. The beginnings of financial freedom with the added chains of actual work. I hope it works out for him.

No comments: