Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sorry, So Short...

I tend to be that way when I'm in a hurry, and I was really in a hurry this morning. First off, I woke up late, second, I ended up taking a longer-than-usual shower, and third, traffic slowed me down, which made me even later for work than I already was.

Tonight is even worse, because I'm packing for the trip to the Alma Highland Games. I'm going light this year, taking knitting, spinning and my Scottish garb--plus a couple changes of clothing, as I'll be there for two days and probably two nights, because I want to go to the ceilidh--which I have NEVER been to the ceilidh. I will need to buy some sun-block when I get there.

Most of the time, I expect that I will wear jeans and t-shirt, because I believe it's going to be too hot to wear the garb all day. I'll save the garb for the ceilidh--in case somebody asks me to dance. I have no idea if there is dancing, actually. I will lay odds that there's a lot of drinking, which of course, I cannot do anymore.

I expect, however, that most of the time, I will be knitting or spinning SOMETHING.

I'm getting close to having the lapghan done. I figure another color trip (green, rose, blue pink), and then finish off with the yellow, and I'm done. Right now, working on the last rounds of the green--so you can see, it's almost done. After that, I have to determine what I want to make--and I think that I will take along the wave afghan, as it's the most portable. It's also the WARMEST--which probably isn't a good idea in this heat wave we've been having. So perhaps I should consider making something else? It appears that I am going to have quite a bit of the yarn left over from the lapghan--I could make a shrug to go with it? That might take a little designing, but it would be do-able. I'm not sure that I want to work that hard, actually. Maybe I'll check my queue on Ravelry, or perhaps the latest patterns? The day will be too busy for Meister...or any sort of lace work, and too many people asking this question or that, which I am not disturbed by the questions, but it is difficult to maintain any sort of counting in a busy atmosphere.

I'm rather at a loss now. Almost everything is packed and in the car, with the exception of the things I need to use in the morning--which I will pack the final "things" at that time.

So I could sit in the air conditioned bedroom and knit, but I have no chair in here. It's too hot to knit in the livingroom. Perhaps it's time to bring in a chair? I believe that I will do it.

Lots of pictures when I get back! Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments: