Monday, May 24, 2010

What Would we DO without Monday?

Oh, I don't know. Sleep in, perhaps?

The weather last night was muggy, and the air was suffocating. I couldn't sleep without my trusty sleeping pill. The fan was on high all night long.

Window air conditioner, from left sideImage via Wikipedia

This week is shaping up to be a scorcher, and I informed my husband Sunday night that we should probably put in the air conditioner--to which he replied:

"I'm not about to put in the air conditioner this early in the season."

Season? It has to be a "season"? I thought it just had to be miserable hot to the point where I'm pulling out my hair (or shaving it off my head) just for relief from the sweat and the constant scratching.

But this morning, the air has calmed down. The birds are happy for the cooler reprieve, and are singing outdoors--and probably, if I look really quickly, I'll catch that early bird getting that worm. Oh, there he is! So you're the one who started singing before sunup and woke me up--I toss my SHOE AT YOU!

A photo of a cup of coffee.Image via Wikipedia

Because it's just before dawn--about 5:45 am, and since I'm awake, I'm getting coffee ready, and preparing for my day, such as it is. Since hubby got up, too, and snagged the shower before I got the chance. I'm here--with you.

Today's card is the Page of Discs which basically tells me it's going to be a "get 'er done" sort of day. However, because the card is reversed, it means that there will be barriers to "getting it done", so I'm going to have to watch out for that. Maybe a message? Maybe illness?

As I drifted off to sleep last night, however, I heard someone young and female call my name. I couldn't quite determine who (or what) it might have been, but it was quite distinct.

Okay, now the voices are talking to me. Schizophrenia is just around the corner.

The weather is supposed to be nice (and hot) for the next couple of days, so I'm going to be hauling that air conditioner out of the closet and into the main room, so that hubby can put it in the window, so that we can be cooler at night. Then we're supposed to have rain on Wednesday and Thursday, then cooler (unseasonably cool) weather for the holiday weekend. There's a chance we might break some records this week--both in highs and lows. Just what I love--a weather pattern that can't make up it's mind.

Is it too late to move to Hawaii?

No comments: