Sunday, December 23, 2007

The hardest part of Christmas

Is cleaning up the house in preparation for wrapping.

Both hubby and I hate to wrap. He's not very good at it, which possibly has a lot to do with the matter, but I just hate spending all that time wrapping something that will only be wrapped for a few minutes/days, only to be ripped open by the recipient--it just doesn't seem quite right to me.

And let's not even discuss the Christmas cards. I hate sending Christmas cards. Even though computers have made the printing out of the envelopes a snap, I still have this aversion to doing them. I suppose it has something to do with the deadline--rather like the deadline for getting presents wrapped and under the tree--or getting the pillows done for my granddaughter--I'm having a meltdown today. I have to shop shop and shop some more. On the Sunday before Christmas. It's going to be a mob scene. I'm not looking forward to it.

Once again, I feel like singing the 12 Pains of Christmas. I am fairly done in today.

But you all have a nice Christmas holiday--mine generally lasts 3 days--Christmas Eve, Day and Day after...and all are rife with travel and gifts...I have only one day left.

I gave my presents for my husband to him, and he was pretty pleased with my choices. That's a good thing to focus on. Next year, he's getting his chair cleaned.

Off to dress for driving! Bye!

No comments: