Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Change to a New Day!

I've been using Windows Internet Explorer for years now. Recently, they did an upgrade to the browser, which for all intents and purposes is a piece of crud (at least for my computer setup anyway). If I leave my computer for any length of time, the tab on the first open window absolutely will not close. No matter what I do. No matter what I say..

And really, I have jumped up and down and screamed at the monitor, but it's very resistant.

So I end with ctrl/alt/del, and send an error report, but I've been doing that daily, so apparently it's a bug that isn't so easily dealt with by the gurus at Microsoft--and so, without further adieu, or further grief, I broke down and installed a different internet browser.

This is Firefox. I've heard a lot of good things about Firefox, and I'm hoping that it serves my needs--if not, then I'll cry a bit--and when I'm done, I'll go back to IE7. I suspect that the upgrade is considerably more integrated and seamless with MS Vista, rather than XP, and I haven't read the stats about it--help groups and so on. I simply don't have time for software that doesn't work.

So there you go. My rant on Microsoft's Internet Explorer. If you need something more stable, try Firefox.

No comments: