Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gearing Up to begin again...

Okay, next project on the list to work on is the shawl that I started over a year ago from the New Style of Heirloom Knitting-a Japanese book that I use the charts to make the patterns, rather than the actual written word. Even so, the charts are pretty easy to follow--but you do have to know what the stitch charts mean.

The shawl is a part of the jacket on page 32 of the book. The yarn I'm using is a worsted weight mohair, but it's so hairy that you can't see the slight pattern. I'm hoping that once I block the shawl, it will open up the pattern.

We'll see.

I drew the 10 of cups today. Normally thought of as the "your wish comes true" card--but I couldn't determine what my "wish" was. I was so sleepy today, that I nearly fell asleep at my desk, and DID go home and sleep for 2 hours. Perhaps that's what I wished for? SLEEP? Well, I have to admit, I did get caught up on the sleep I lost last night.

Even so, I think that I would rather that my dog could talk human. Don't laugh--it might happen one day!

No comments: