Monday, January 7, 2008

Guess What? It's January!


And you know what that means!


Football

And Taxes!


Sheesh. Check out my Ravelry Stuff, and you'll see I finished the washcloth and the mousie today. I was also able to locate the catnip--so filled it and it's now somewhere downstairs--where the dog can't get to it.

Came home to find that our Federal Tax forms had arrived (sigh). You just never can get rid of them, can you?

Spin night is tonight, so the blog is shorter than normal. It was a busy day at the office, but I managed to get some work done--though I think I'm not going to push myself so hard anymore. The supervisor wants me to turn into a State employee (you know, sits on the phone all day talking to another person (usually personal) and gets very little done during the day? or at least that's the popular opinion--nevermind that there's not a lick of truth to it--but the new supervisor wants me to break my back--it's not in such good shape as it is--and I am not going to spend the rest of my life with back pain--sorry...so now she wants me to fill out a "reasonable accommodation" ALL BECAUSE I OFFERED TO HELP HER DO A CERTAIN TASK. The way I figure, I just won't offer my extra time anymore. I'll keep myself busy doing this and that. The whole idea just drives me insane--I can do a little of this particular task, a little of that, but if you expect me to deal with the entire issue--um, sorry, that task was assigned to little miss "I hate you because you don't work as hard as I do". Nevermind names...she knows who she is!

So I was ticked off about that, but then she's having me fill out a medical leave request.

WHY?

I don't have the slightest clue. I didn't take any medical leave--hadn't planned on taking any medical leave--although she might be asking for the form to be filled, JUST IN CASE she works my butt off, and I call in with back trouble (which I've done before). Now back problems are nothing to sneeze at...and I'm sure many of you already know about that.

Well, enough about that issue. I'm tired of thinking about it anyway.

I called my ex-mother-in-law today to find out how her holidays went, and what she got for Christmas, and to apologize for not seeing her for the last month, but that I'd been busy knitting and prepping for Christmas, etc. She tells me that my sister dropped in to say hi yesterday, as she was there to visit or take care of one of her patients/adult foster care-type stuff--and happened to drop in to see Judy.

Then she told me that my ex fell on the ice at home and hurt his back.

I say "Oh, that's too bad!"

She says "Yes, he's off work and off his feet and going to get an MRI soon."

"Well, I'm sorry that he injured himself."

"Yes, it's too bad that it didn't happen at work, or he could have gotten comp." and I thought to myself...'perhaps not, but he'll probably put in for SSI/Disability.'

and further she says "I don't know how they're going to pay their bills if he doesn't have an income..." and I think to myself 'oh, I'm sure he'll come up with something--he's a resourceful slug.' No bitterness here, right?

My thought is that he and his wife had a disagreement over the holidays, and he went to take the car, and slipped on the ice and yeah, sure, likely went down, and he's a big guy--big around--and I will bet that was some sort of Kodak moment--(sigh--missed opportunity), but that most of his "ow ow ow" is from the fact that he'd rather sit on his collective than to work for a living--and it doesn't matter what sort of job he has. Eventually, he will lose it by getting fired or quitting. Do I think he's faking? My mother would tell you "absolutely!" Me, I think he's probably hurting, but the MRI will tell the tale. And since pain can't always be diagnosed (any more than psychological troubles) it's very likely he will use his fall as an excuse for the rest of his life. Sucking the Social Security account even drier, while I work hard for a living now, only to not be able to live when I retire.

Nah, no bitterness here. Where'd I put my salt shaker? What? Isn't that what you use on slugs?

Okay, enough acrimony. How in the world I came home with such an attitude, I'll never understand!

Then my hubby starts talking about my son.

Oh Jeez. It's never going to end....this is the song that never ends, it just goes on and on and on.

So I had him chat with my mother. I get so tired of him harping on me about my son's behavior. All I want is to live in peace for the rest of my life, without a worry about this one or that one...just to be able to get by. Of course, you know my mom discussed the issue with him. At length. Then, he's telling me that he wants to not discuss it anymore...and I told him..."no, you've upset her, now, and you're going to talk to her. She's an old lady! What did you think was going to happen?"

So he sat and listened (he's pretty good at that) and by the end of the conversation, he was pretty sure that my son hadn't gotten that money for school from the Federal Government and that he probably wasn't going to go to jail for non-payment--so you see why I wanted nothing to do with the conversation!

Now, he's peacefully watching television. I'm pretty sure that my mother is fretting, and the entire episode has likely put my son into another tailspin, and he'll be pursuing his own agenda again at some point soon--he doesn't handle stress very well.

So I am going to Knit and Spin night. I'm going to work on my socks, perhaps another Tribble, and chatter with them about my day. Wishing you all well!

No comments: