Monday, January 21, 2008

RETRACTION

Okay, somewhere in the midst of my "poor, poor pitiful me" episodes over the Christmas/Birthday/holidays, I forgot to mention something.

Everyone DID NOT forget my birthday.

My best girlfriend from Spin Night came over "specially for me", brought me a birthday card and a little giftie of a little stuffed sheepie--something that she and I share alike--I'm pretty amazed that I forgot all about her visit that day---but having been *clears throat* reminded tonight of the fact, I felt that a retraction was due. I gave her this big hug and apology for forgetting. I'm such a big boob!

And of course, my friend Ray, who I've known for years and years, who I've played in parade and competition and performance for over 20 years now--he took me to dinner for my birthday a few days later, since I was busy most of the day on my birthday with people who apparently don't care whether I live or die--but what can you do? You choose your friends, but not your family, right?

I guess when it comes right down to brass tacks, I'm old and decrepit and forgetful, and more often than not, one heckuva drama queen.

So thanks to those who are the best sort of friends---just for being my friend and remembering my birthday. Because, as memory serves--(and it usually fails miserably in my case), those two things were the brightest parts of my holiday vacation, and I truly am sorry that I forgot them--and so I memorialize them here.

I hope that I am as good a friend to you, as you are to me.

SALUTE!

No comments: