Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Unwinding the clock

I was really stressed yesterday evening. The day, while productive, was stressful--my first day back from a two week vacation--and everyone wondered who piddled on my parade. When I explained that it was my first day back to work from a 2 week vacation, most nodded their heads in understanding.

It's good to have a group that understands you so well. :)

So I came home when the lightning and thunderstruck-finished another Tribble and it took me a while to find it again, because the blogger changed her blog around for the new year, and cleaned up the posts and filed them in archives, and well I just had a heck of a time finding it.

So there it is, one more time, in all it's glory.

And then proceeded to unravel my day, by unravelling a skein of Great Adirondack yarn that was horribly tangled (can you say "what a mess"?). Someone on one of my lists decided she didn't care for it because the color came off on her hands, so I wrote her, told her to leave the tangled mess and send it to me--I'll use it for something.

She was happy to be rid of it.

I started untangling at about 10pm.

Untangling finished at 12:30am.

What was I thinking?

But the good side of it, is that while I was untangling the yarn, I was also untangling my thoughts which worked pretty well, and got me to sleep until my hubby's alarm went off again this morning. And now, after a cup of hot coffee, I feel almost ready to tangle with today. Notice I said "almost". I am extremely tired.

Tarot card for today is the 2 of pentacles--reversed. It means I'm going to try to juggle two things at once and fall on my butt...in other words, I won't be successful. I have several things that I want to do today.

1. Make another Tribble.
2. Work on hubby's socks.
3. Start on MIL's corduroy skirt
4. Finish my day at the office.

I'll be lucky to finish my day at the office, the way I feel right now.

Hubby is down with a cold, in case I hadn't told you recent, but I think I did. He says he thinks it strep--seems like he'd be coughing a lot more than he is, but you know, you can't play with strep--it can turn into shingles--or was that chicken pox? Anyway, I asked if he had little red sores in his mouth, and he said he didn't, so I figure he doesn't have strep--plus no one else I know has strep, and so far as I know he's not been kissing the waste bucket at his work--so I think he's just caught the bug that his grand-daughter had at Christmas.

So, prognosis is that he'll live, but because he's trying to self medicate with this, I have an idea that it's just going to get worse, and he will eventually end up having to go to the doctor to get a prescription. I figure he's got a sinus infection.

Anyhow pics of the tribble tonight when I get home--no time left to do it now. I'm on my way to the office.

Bye!

No comments: